Contact and Public Transportation
Together for sustainable mobility: Please use public transport or the bicycle to get there.
Car/ Parking: Guests arriving by car can use the fee based parking facility at Unter den Linden/Staatsoper (access via Behrenstraße 37).
To make it easier for visitors with disabilities to get to the PalaisPopulaire, we recommend using the free VBB (the Berlin and Brandenburg transportation agency) bus and train escort services. You can find booking details and more information here.
The nearest barrier-free U-Bahn, S-Bahn, and regional train station is Friedrichstrasse (approx. 1.2 km away). Find more information here.
Parking near the PalaisPopulaire (approx. 400 m) for persons with reduced mobility, there is the possibility to park in the "Staatsoper" parking garage at Bebelplatz in reserved places.
Access to the PalaisPopulaire
Main entrance Bebelplatz (Unter den Linden 5) via the terrace
- Stone staircase, 5 steps with railing
- 3 steps to the entrance without railing
- Door at entrance opens automatically inwards, 2-leaf, 1.30 m wide
Main entrance Bebelplatz (Unter den Linden 5) via ramp
- The PalaisPopulaire is accessible to disabled visitors with pushchairs or wheelchairs via a ramp at the main entrance on Bebelplatz
- Ramp runs 22 m along the terrace. Incline 6%, width 1.20 m
- Ramp at the entrance is 5.75 m long with an incline of 6.5%.
- Door opens automatically inwards, 1-leaf, width 1.30 m
At the PalaisPopulaire
For visitors with restricted mobility and visitors with strollers the PalaisPopulaire can be accessed via a ramp at the main entrance on Bebelplatz. For security reasons, we reserve the right to regulate access to the exhibition rooms of people with strollers (e.g. when there is a large number of visitors). There is a space where you can store a stroller.
- The museum area extends over 4 floors.
- All exhibition rooms are stepless and can be reached by elevator.
- There is a wheelchair-accessible lavatory on the ground floor.
For blind and visually impaired visitors, it is possible to take a guide dog with you. A tactile floor plan, tactile images of individual exhibits, the exhibition flyer, and a restaurant menu in Braille are available for your visit at the museum counter. If you need help, please contact the museum counter.
Access to the exhibition rooms:
- Door for exhibition opens automatically to the outside, 2-leaf, width 1.55
- Showroom doors open automatically, 1 sliding door, width 1.30 m
- Floor space 1.40 x 2.40 m
- Door width 1.13 m
- Elevator door height 2.20 m
Barrier-free sanitary facilities (gender-neutral):
- Bottom floor via elevator, 2 doors (not automatic) open inwards (1st door) and outwards (2nd door): width 1.13 m, movement area 2.32 x 3.96 m, moving right and left of WC, handles left and right foldable, height of WC seat 48 cm, emergency call available
- Ground floor right of entrance: door opens to the outside, width 1.13 m, movement area 2.00 x 2.71 m, moving right and left of WC, handles can be folded left and right, height of WC seat 48 cm, emergency calls available
You can find out more about our barrier-free offers here.
Find out more about certifications on Reisen für Alle (only available in German).
We kindly ask you to consider the following before visiting the PalaisPopulaire:
- Protect yourself and others: We recommend wearing a FFP2 or a medical mask.
- Unless otherwise noted, this also applies to events.
- The generally applicable distance and hygiene rules apply throughout the building and in the exhibition spaces.
- Please remain at home if you show signs of illness or have symptoms of a respiratory disease. You should also not leave the house if in the last two weeks you have been in contact with anyone infected with Covid-19.
Tours, workshops and groups
Public tours, workshops and events can be found in the events calendar.
Individual guided tours, workshops and group offers (on-site and digital) can be requested and booked at email@example.com or +49 30 2020 9319 (offers in German, English, Russian, French and Farsi or in simple language and DGS).
Inspired by the exhibition program the ShopPopulaire presents editions, design products and publications in the Forum of the PalaisPopulaire.
For the ShopPopulaire we regularly invite artists, designers, authors and friends from around the world to curate their own themed table.
Simply populaire and therefore extraordinary.
Daily except Tuesdays, 11 am – 6 pm
Thursday, 11 am – 9 pm
In the LePopulaire we also offer guests culinary treats, from a quick snack to exclusive dinner event.
Enjoy modern cuisine and homemade pastries in PalaisPopulaire’s Forum or on the terrace!
Daily except Tuesdays, 11 am – 6 pm
Thursday 11 am – 9 pm
Depending on your ideas and objectives, you can use the forum and the sun terrace on the ground floor, or the atelier on the top floor.
If desired, we will round off your event with an art or culture program and create an unmistakable platform for you.
We are looking forward to hearing from you with your event ideas!